Welcome to the place I show my latest works of art.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Transition of Pocketcadabra

This is the very tedious cutting, sanding, and arranging of my thinly sliced people on a 5X31/2 sheet of plywood. This is the "fun" part awaiting me after I've spent long days painting and drawing them. Halfway through this process, all my mind kept saying was " God, this is wearing me out." But I kept on.
Now, the pieces are arranged and I get to experience the "magic" of wood glue. It took a solid hour to glue each piece down.
Here's the finished piece on my living room wall. This is only after an epoxy (liquid plastic, basically) coat is painstakenly applied and left to cure for 24 hours.

Now that's what I'm talkin about! It made its way from my living room to a prime spot at the Timothy Michael Gallery for an all Atlanta emerging female artists show.

No comments: