Welcome to the place I show my latest works of art.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rollerblades Have Not Killed the Quad Star

I'm so excited to learn that one of my favorite childhood pastimes has not been gobbled up by the new sport of ankle-breaking rollerblading! Yes!, quad roller skating is alive and well on planet earth and there is a whole subculture of rollerskaters who bring a funky feel to it by mixing it with dancing and flashiness that we never got to see in the 80's. I just went to a roller rink last Sunday for the first time in 20 years. It was a breath of not so fresh air just like it used to be with its smell of socks, leather, stale pretzels, and sweaty carpet. Pure bliss, Ya'll. Pure bliss. As I rolled along it all started coming back to me and I never even had a spill. I can't wait to go back. I'm gonna learn to rollerskate again and I'm gonna bring it to the front where it belongs. Eat your heart out, Rollerblades!



Public Skate (side view of 12"x12" acrylic, pencil, on wood assemblage platform)

Public Skate (front view)

Public Skate (top view)

No comments: